1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in Development Business published on 11 January 2011.
2. The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy and Water, Irrigation Restoration and Development for a grant from the International Development Association (IDA) andAfghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund(ARTF)toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this grant to payments under the Contract for the Sub project given in para 3 below.
3. The Project Coordination Unit, acting on behalf of the The Ministryof Energy & Water, now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the Rehabilitation Chel Aywan MR-08/MZR).The construction period is 12months which includes slack period of 3months for flood/adverse weather conditions and resolving community/farmers needs/disputes etc.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits,dated January 2011 and revised in July 2014and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Bidding Documents.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Eng. Nasir Ahmad “Ahadi” Procurement officer IRDP Project Coordination Unit PCU/KBL
Mobile: 0700686110 Email: Ahadi.firstname.lastname@example.org and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 8:00 to 16:30Hrs from Saturday to Thursday (Except public holidays).
6. Qualifications requirements include:
(a) The minimum required annual volume of construction work for the successful bidder in any of the last five years –24 Million Afs.
(a) Experience as prime contractor in the construction of at least one works of nature and complexity equivalent to this work during the last five (5) years –15 Million Afs.
(b) Proposals for the timely acquisition (own, lease, hire, etc.) of the essential equipment as given in the bidding document.
(c) Contract Manager with five years’ experience in works of an equivalent nature and volume, including no less than three years as Manager.
(e) Liquid assets and/or credit facilities, net of other contractual commitments and exclusive of any advance payments which may be made under the Contract 6 Million Afs.
For detailed post qualification verification please refers to Section I - Instructions to Bidders and Section II- Bid Data Sheet of the bidding documents.
A margin of preference for eligible national contractors/joint ventures shall not be applied.
7. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of 2,500 AFN. The method of payment will be Cash/Direct Payment. The Bidding Documents shall be collected by the bidders from the address below.
8. The bidders or their authorized representatives are invited to attend a pre-bid meeting which will take place on25-Jan-17at 10 AMin the meeting room (Basement) at the address given belowto explain the procedure of proper preparation and submission of bid, clarify issues and to answer questions on any matter that may be raised at that stage.
9. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 10 AMof 01,Feb-17(if this date is announced an official holiday, then bids must be submitted next working day at the same time and venue). Electronic bidding shall not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened physically in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below at 10 AMof 01,Feb-17
10. All bids shall be accompanied by a “Bid Security” of amount: 480,000Afghanis.
11. The address referred to above is:
Eng. Nasir Ahmad “Ahadi”
Procurement officer IRDP Project Coordination Unit PCU/KBL